Saturday, January 13, 2018

Jane DT - Silhouette Samples

Hello!

I hope you were able to tune in for the first Bee Crafty show of the year this week and I thought that today I would post my DT samples for my Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog post.

All of the samples use the new silhouette trees, safari animal and horses, as well as the new larger everyday sentiments...


This square MDF art board had crackle paste and antiquing cream applied as well as acrylic paints before adding the stamping.


This tall art board was so quick to achieve!  I used dylusions paint straight onto the MDF (something I never usually do) then added some pattern with the circle stencil before stamping and heat embossing the tree with black powder.


This was my favourite card sample as it was so simple and elegant looking.  I wanted to show how just using one stamp could still be really effective.  I used black and a glittery copper embossing powder on pearl coated and black card.


I also wanted to show how scenes can be built up so used distress inks to create my background before adding the stamping. I used the torn edge of a piece of paper to add some darker green for the shadows.   I often like to create an easel card as they are so simple to make but add a slightly different look to your cards.


Another simple to create card but this time I wanted to emboss in a different colour.  The background was made using distress oxide inks, then the tree and lion simple stamped and embossed with gold.  I am also a big believer in layering up to create frames and went a bit more extravagant than usual with the number of layers for this one!


Finally a different sort of background this time using acrylic paints brayered onto card with a bit of stencilling using regular dots and sunset d'inkables.

Thank you for looking and the shows on HOCHANDA will be available on catch up for a couple of weeks if you missed them or need a refresher!

Happy crafting,

Jane xx

2 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Hi Jane, I just wanted to say that your samples for the shows were beautiful and so varied. I think I would struggle to choose a favourite! Happy crafting, Sandra x

CraftyJan said...

Oooh beautiful! Love these ❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...