Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Marleen DT - Ally Pally MDF samples

Evening bloggers..

Once again wednesday and time to share my weekeny inspiration for BeeCrafty.
The samples Im sharing today are from the last show on Hochanda, live from the Ally Pally
Bev brought back the BEAUtanical stamps as they were as BIG success, but this time she teamed them with the brand new MDF.
They literally sold out in minutes and even the extra stock that Julie secured during the show was gone before they were on the shelf lol..

This is the first time Ive really worked on MDF.
It was a bit of a challenge but once I got going, I have to say, I really enjoyed it.

 This one was primes withwhite acrylic paint and once dry, I brushed on distress ink. The moon was simply a punched circle I held in place while brushing the ink on. Once again left it to dry before stamping with my trusty Archival jet black ink.
My picture frame is simply a piece of acetate I stuck on with red double sided tape on 3 sides. The gems hides the tape. I added a strip of washitape to the photo so it can easily be pulled out and replaced.

 This one is the smallest one and by god this one was hard.. I think I painted and re-painted it 4 times before i finally came up with this design that I was happy with. Im used to working on bigger areas and I think that was the problem for me.. 
The final design is simply brused with distress ink, stamped and heat embossed. Due to the many layers of paint you can really see the brush strokes, but I must admit, that is what I like about the final look. It looks more like real wood.
This one was the first one I made. Its 3 colours of acrylic paint. I painted strait on to the MDF and just blended the colours with a dry clean paint brush. Once dry I stamped once again with Archival and finished with a bit of home made shimmer spray..

So if you are like me.. Never really had a go at MDF, these stands are a great place to start.
The surface is smooth and so easy to work with, and you can use so many mediums strait to the MDF..Im sure you will enjoy them as much as I did.


And that is it from me for today. I hope you like my creations.
Many thanks for popping by and for any comments left behind.
And dont forget to come visit me on FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube or my FB page.
 Happy Crafting

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...