Friday, August 12, 2016

Emily DT - Friends

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a lovely week.

I have made a card for this week's project using different colours from my normal 'go-to' colours.

Here is the card I have made...


I started by choosing some colours of Distress Ink. I used Twisted Citron, Broken China and Dried Marigold. Using the mini ink pads, I just swiped the whole ink pad across the card to achieve the effect I was after. I like this technique as you never get the same effect twice.


Once it as dry I stamped the feather from the Ledger stamp set on top. I also stamped the word Friends down the side. (I chopped up my Friendship stamp to get Friends. The stamps are always easy to still use as a whole.)



I finished off the card with a black layer and it was done!

I love using this technique with the ink pads. You can choose whichever colours are suitable and I love putting feathers or foliage over the top. This technique looks especially good with the large Dandelion stamp.

Hope you all have a lovely week and are looking forward to Bee Crafty on Hochanda next Thursday!

See you next week with some of my Hochanda samples.

Emily x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...