Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Dance In The Rain

Morning, Today I am using one of the trees from the 'Tree and Branch' Set that Bev launched on Hochanda a couple of weeks ago. Sam has made a fabulous job and I have really loved using the whole collection.

I cut a piece of white Super Smooth card measuring 8'' square. I drew a very wonky and broken border around the card in pencil to create a frame. I masked this with Pebeo Drawing Gum to keep the area white while I continued with the design.


I tore a piece of copier paper to create a landscape. As the card was going to be visually two sides, I used mowed lawn across the whole piece and then added Iced Spruce Distress ink to the right hand side.


I then added another layer of hills using the same inks.

Next I added a mountain range, again using the same Distress Inks.

I stamped the tree, then placed a moon/sun mask just rising over the horizon.


I replaced the negative of the mountain mask, then added the positive to divide the card. I added clouds, rather heavily using Iced Spruce as I was going to create a stormy sky but still wanted the clouds to show a little. To create the stormy look I used more Iced Spruce and Blueprint Sketch.

Then I splashed with water onto the sky to lift some of the ink to give atmosphere and to give the illusion of rain.

I removed the masks and used the other one to mask my stormy sky. 


I then created an early morning sky with the sun rising. For the sky I used Shaded Lilac. I coloured the sun using Scattered Straw and then blended from the bottom with Wild Honey. I also decided to add a couple more trees, to do this I used the main tree and masked off, this gave more perspective. Using Cosmic Shimmer Glue, I added green flowersoft to the sunny side of my tree.

Next I added some coloured flowersoft to make some blossom.


Finally I added the sentiment that I had backed onto grey pearlescent card with foam tape, I had shaded it using the Shaded Lilac and Iced spruce to tie it into the card.

Thank you ever so much for joining me today. I really hope you like what I have shared and the step by step of how this was created. I hope you will join me again next time.xx


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...