Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Autumn Lady

Morning. I am very excited to share this with you today. I have thoroughly enjoyed designing with these lovely stamps from Bee Crafty, hand drawn by Sam. The shows will be on Hochanda on Friday 24th June, Please tune in Bev's shows are always great and well worth watching.

I started by stamping the face onto my card using Memento Black Ink. My card measured 8 1/4 '' square.

I then started planning where to stamp the Maple and Oak leaves to complete my design. To do this I used masks made by stamping the stamps onto copier paper, I used 2 of each.


I arranged the leaves to compliment the face and features, then added branches to complete the look. I worked from the back forward to add interest.

Next I added my sentiment, also on the show. There really are some smashing ones to choose from.

Taking a selection of browns, reds, oranges and yellow alcohol markers, I coloured the leaves. Then the neck and face with skin tones.


I left the rest of the card uncoloured, completely white. Normally I would never leave the background plain, but for this project I felt it was the right thing to do. To finish the card I backed it onto brown cardstock. 

Thank you so much for joining me today, I hope you have enjoyed the step by step I have shared as well as the finished card and hope you will join me again very soon. Take care xx

1 comment:

Barbara said...

An amazing card, love it! X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...