Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Feathery Forest

Hello Everyone, I am Nick and today I am sharing a card I made using the beautiful new Stamps by Bee Crafty. I hope you managed to catch the Launch Shows On Hochanda on Friday. If you missed them, don't worry, they are still available at Hochanda on their catch up feature. You can find this by visiting the TV Schedule and picking Friday 20th May. These really are beautiful set of stamps and the detail is amazing.


To start I cut a piece of parchment and a piece of velvet card, both 8'' Square. The I cut 1 cm from each side of the velvet card. This was done so that when the parchment is folded later they will end up identical in size.


I stamped the large twisted feather 3 times onto copier paper and cut out to make my masks. Then using stazon white ink I stamped the feather around my parchment to make a frame, I used the masks whenever  needed, when there was an overlap.


When I had finished this I took a medium and larger ball tool and embossed the feathers to highlight areas, especially around the edges being careful to keep all of the detail. 


When this was complete and after the parchment had rested, I scored and folded each edge at 1/2 cm and 1 cm to give a raised frame with a tab to secure to my base card. Taking a two pin tool, I pierced around the inner feather design and then using my pergamano snips, I removed the centre.










I traced around this onto copier paper to make a mask for the images I was going to make on the velvet card.



Then I carefully lined up the parchment frame with my card so I could accurately place the mask and secured lightly with temporary adhesive.. Then I took my Black Soot Distress Ink and blending tool and coloured around the mask. This was done to enhance the parchment and show the lovely detail in the feathers. Then I removed the mask.


Then taking the medium curled feather and the two smaller feathers, I stamped them onto my card. Going from large to small to add perspective. I then placed a moon mask  where I was going to add my night sky, slightly over one of the stamped images.


I started at the bottom of my landscape and added the hills, making sure I matched up wherever there was a feather/tree. For the hills I used Peeled Paint and Forest Moss Distress ink and blended from darker on the edges and lighter where the moonlight would be and to add a path effect.

For the sky, I used Faded Jeans first, getting lighter towards the moon, Then blended through with Blueprint Sketch and Finally Chipped Sapphire, keeping darker towards the edges and lighter towards the focal point and moonlight. I finished off with a few starts that I added using a Sharpie White marker. I used red liner tape to secure the parchment to my stamped card.


I hope you have enjoyed my step by step and the card I have shared today. Take care  and look forward to sharing with you next week. xx

2 comments:

Im just me - Marleen said...

A fantastic project Nick. Welcome to the team :-)

trent999 said...

Thank you ever so much Marleen and thanks for the nice welcome.It's good to be with you.xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...