Monday, March 07, 2016

Kerrie DT - Ground Elder - 'Every Hour is a DREAM'


Hiya and Welcome to my Monday Post for Bee Crafty

Today I wanted to Share one of my Samples from Last Week's 'Hochanda Shows' and give you some details of how I made it

I used the Ground Elder from the 'BEAUtanicals - Ground Elder Set' and one of the Sentiments from the 'BEAUtanicals - Dandelion Set


I have been on a declutter and using up crafty stash mission of late and part of that has been to use up some of my offcuts from my storage drawers - so for this card I chose this pretty pink and brown paper offcut and teamed it up with a pink dotty offcut and a sheet of brown pearlescent cardstock to tie the colours together - I cut two large flag shapes for the background and then used some round dies from my stash to cut the topper. on a plain piece of watercolour cardstock which again was an offcut I stamped the 'Ground Elder' using brown archival ink, I then die cut the watercolour cardstock using a smaller round die and inked around the outside using 'Spun Sugar' 'Worn Lipstick' and 'Abandoned Coral' distress inks and a round inking tool

I layeered up all the elements making sire to back them all using the brown pearlescent cardstock to tie all the colours together - I also coloured some white flatback pearls using a brown alcohol marker to tie these into the colour scheme too - I always buy these perals in white and my gems in clear so I can colour them to any theme rather than trying to match up the papers to random coloured gems 

Thank You so much for visiting the Bee Crafty Blog today - I hope I have inspired you to use up any of those offcuts you keep for 'Just in Case' I know we all have them

Krafty Hugs xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...