Friday, February 19, 2016

Emily DT - Be Yourself

Hi everyone, this week I have been playing with my new stamps, which includes the style wire circle frames and a new sentiment. I have put them together to create this simple yet effective card.

Here is the card...

I started by taking a blank square of card and randomly stamping the medium and small style wire circles. I made sure they overlapped and filled the piece of card. I stamped the circles in Stazon ink.

Once the ink was dry I coloured in the circles and the overlapped areas all in different colours. I used distress markers and the colours used were: peacock feathers, broken china, faded jeans, chipped sapphire, mowed lawn, pine needles and peeled paint.


After I coloured them I went over the colouring with a water brush, just to blend the lines and it also gave it a watercoloured effect which I quite like.

I stamped the Be Yourself sentiment on a piece of white card then trimmed and mounted it onto a coordinating green. I stuck it on using foam pads.


I finished it off by mounting the whole thing onto green and black card.

This card was simple to do. The only thing that took any time was the colouring and it would look great in other colours too. I hope you like it!

Emily x

3 comments:

Brawny x said...

Great card x

Anonymous said...

A lovely card, love the stamps and the lovely colours.

Hugs Jen xx

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card. Hugs Jackie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...