Friday, October 16, 2015

Emily DT - Butterfly Tree

Hi everyone, I have been in my craft room a lot this week and I am a bit fed up of making Christmas cards (already!) so this week I have steered clear of my Christmas stamps.

Here is the card I have made


I have used the Tree Silhouette stamp along with the diamond plate inkables template.
I started by stamping the tree in black archival ink. Then I laid the diamond plate template over the top and taped it down. Using Tattered Rose distress ink I went all the way round the tree.
I then flipped the stencil over and lined it up to make the pattern into crosses.


I added lots of little coordinating butterflies all over the tree and stamped the Best Wishes WORDage sentiment onto a scrap of card. I mounted it on black and then raised it using foam pads.


The whole card was mounted on black and then onto the card blank.

I like how the card turned out and it could also be adapted for the seasons. I feel that this one is quite springlike as the butterflies look a bit like blossom.

See you next week
Emily x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...