Monday, September 28, 2015

Kerrie DT - 'Believe' - Black, White & Silver

Hiya and welcome to my Monday Post for Bee Crafty's Blog 

For this week's Project I could not resisit using my New Stamp 'Believe' from the Yuletide Collection, it's such a big big word stamp and I love it 

I really fancied a change this week so I grabbed my box of embossing powders and chose a silver and a black to use - I then raided my offcuts box again for some large pieces of Black, Silver, White Pearl and Silver Mirror Cardstock - I also grabbed a 7x7 Cardblank such a good size to use its become a fave of mine


To start I trimmed a piece of Silver Mirror card to a few mm smaller than the 7x7 cardblank, then a piece of White Pearl card a few mm smaller than the Silver Mirror card. I fixed them centred on the card front. I then chose a piece of Black Textured card and a piece of Music Score backing paper, these were both a little small for the card front but I got around that by cutting them to meet in the centre of the card front leaving a 6mm border on the White Pearl but before fixing these layers down I inked the edges of the music score using Black Soot Distress Ink, I randomly stamped the smaller Snowflake from the 'Yuletide - Snowflakes' stamp set using clear embossing ink which I then covered with Silver Embossing Powder, tapped off the excess and heated using my trusty old Heat Gun. I fixed both these layers onto the cardfront being careful to make sure they were straight, I used a wet adhesive so I had wiggle time.

I stamped the 'Yuletide - Believe' stamp onto a piece of plain black cardstock (which i had already trimmed to the size I wanted which I had measured and marked by eye and trimmed using a guilotine) again using clear embossing ink, tipped the silver embossing poweder over, tapped off the excess and heated using my Heat Gun, I then ran the clear embossing ink pad around the edge of the black card which I then dipped into the silver embossing powder, when i heated this it created a pretty frame. A pieve of White Pearl cardstock trimmed to size and used as a matt to the Believe topper I've created added some depth I inked that pearl white piece using the Black Soot Distress Ink and fixed to the card using foam tape.

I wanted to add some extra detail so I made the cute Snowflake embellishments by stamping the Large Snowflake from the 'Youtide - Snowflakes' set using clear embossing ink, tipping over some black embossing powder and heating, once cooled I fussy cut them, curved them using a bone folder and attached at the corners of the Believe topper using my Hot Glue Gun.


I really like how this card turned out, it was nice to get my older craft supplies out for a change and reminded me that I dont always need to have the next new thing I can use my old stuff and make pretty things 

Thank You so much for visiting today, please come back to the Bee Crafty Blog again soon for more Gorgeous Projects by the Amazing Design Team 

Krafty Hugs

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...