Friday, September 18, 2015

Emily DT - Balloon Girl

Hi everyone, hope the horrible weather has given us all an opportunity to do some crafting!
I have had my brusho paints out this week and this card is what I have made with them.


I have used my favourite colours which are blue and purple. I started by making lots of brusho backgrounds in all different colours. I chose this piece for this card because I thought the shape of the brusho pattern worked really well with the stamp. The brushos used on this background were ultramarine, turquoise and lemon.



Once it was dry I stamped the balloon girl in Momento ink as I find it gives a nice solid black image on the silhouette stamps.


I mounted it onto black card then put it to one side. For the back piece I used the inkables dots stencil and picked some distress ink colours to complement the topper. I used squeezed lemonade, dusty concorde, seedless preserve, salty ocean and chipped sapphire.


I also mounted the back piece onto black card and stuck it onto a card blank. The topper I mounted on raised sticky pads.
 I think the colours work really well together and I love having a black silhouette stamp on a coloured background.

I hope you like it!

Emily x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...