Tuesday, January 13, 2015

DT Kerrie - BEAUtanicals Dandelion With Love

Hiya and welcome to my Tuesday blogpost for Bee Crafty Stamps today I ams sharing with you 2 makes using a stamping techniques I havent used in a while Bleaching & Lemon Juice and the lovely BEAUtanicals Dandelion and Wordage Minis - With Love


For this first one I used watercolour card trimmed to fit a 6x6 cardblank, I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks  and a blending tool to randomly colour the watercolour card. I then used the Da Vinci Script stamp with some bleach to stamp over the background - this removes the colour of the ink and gives a nice effect. I matted this background panel uaing black mirror board and fixed to the card front. I stamped the Dandelion stamp onto stamping cardstock using black inkpad and randomly inked the edges using the distress inks again. I matted this topper onto black mirror board and attached to the card front using foam tape at a jaunty angle. The sentiment was stamped, inked and matted in the same way and fixed to the cardfront with foam pads. I used an off cut of black mirror for the strip down the side and 2 dazzle flat backs to finish off the card.


For my second make I wanted to show a way of using the stamps to create a vintage effect.
I cut a nice sized bookmark from watercolour card. I tipped a few drops of lemon juice onto my non-stick craft mat and dipped a piece of cut & dry foam into it and sponged onto the Dandelion stamp and pressed this onto the watercolour card. I then did the same using the With Love sentiment and stamped it underneath the dandelion. Using the damp cut&dry foam I dragged it around the edge of the bookmark. I then heated the bookmark using my heat tool to heat the lemon juice as it burns it turns brown. I love this effect. I then matted the bookmark onto gold mirror board. made a hole using a hole punch, added an eyelet and threaded some ribbon through. 

Thank you so much for visiting my post today and I do hope you will visit again soon

Krafty Hugs







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...